Thornhills in Every Season

Thornhills in Every Season

7.08.2011

newness . chapter 3

We adopted a cat from the Dallas Animal Shelter. She came right up to us & we knew she was the one as soon as we saw her. We picked her out on a Saturday and had to wait almost a full week before we could bring her home (although we are very glad they took care of all her shots). She is approximately 8 months old, so we are declaring her birthday to be on November 7 (July 7 is when we took her home). We intended to get an adult cat, but well, what can you do when she is the one? She is certainly still a kitten with lots of energy & is a troublemaker =)

We brought her home & she claimed her territory very quickly. We played with her & she explored our whole apartment on her first night. She is very comfortable in her new home & is exploring new heights every day. So far she has conquered up to the entertainment center & I think the only thing higher are the bookshelves in David's office. The only time she will go in her bed, which David has now put on his desk, is when he is working, so she can be next to him. It's a good thing we got him a desk with such a large work space =)

All that to say, I finally have my cat (and for those of you who know me, you know that I need me a kitty - I can't deny it) & even though David just agreed to get her because he knew it's what I wanted (thank you hon!!), I'm pretty sure he likes her ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment